- AUTHORDeep South Challenge Vision Mātauranga scholarships
- October 13 2016
Deep South Challenge Vision Mātauranga scholarships
The Vision Mātauranga science programme, in partnership with Victoria University of Wellington, is offering two scholarships of up to $20,000 each to support Masters [by thesis] projects. The scholarships have been established to build cross-disciplinary research capability and capacity in global change studies.
In order to meet the emerging demands of increasingly complex social, economic, political and bio-physical system changes facing Māori and wider Aotearoa/New Zealand society, projects are sought that will contribute to the following four Vision Mātauranga programme research themes:
- Understanding climate change – linkages, pressure points and potential responses
- Exploring adaptation options for Māori communities
- Assistance to Māori businesses to aid decision-making and long-term sustainability
- Products, services and systems derived from mātauranga Māori
The closing date for applications is 27 October.
For more information
For more details about the award including eligibility visit:
For more information about this award and the Vision Mātauranga programme of science please contact:
- Darren-Ngaru KingEmail: [email protected]
Tairawhiti Researchers say Emissions Reduction Plan is good news for vulnerable region
Recent weather events in Tairawhiti are at the forefront of Aotearoa New Zealand’s first emissions reduction plan released yesterday.
Submission to Te Ara Paerangi Future Pathways Green Paper (2022)
This submission is based on the Deep South Challenge: Changing with our Climate experience of funding and delivering expert climate modelling and adaptation research and science.