- AUTHORDeep South Challenge Vision Mātauranga scholarships
- October 13 2016
Deep South Challenge Vision Mātauranga scholarships
The Vision Mātauranga science programme, in partnership with Victoria University of Wellington, is offering two scholarships of up to $20,000 each to support Masters [by thesis] projects. The scholarships have been established to build cross-disciplinary research capability and capacity in global change studies.
In order to meet the emerging demands of increasingly complex social, economic, political and bio-physical system changes facing Māori and wider Aotearoa/New Zealand society, projects are sought that will contribute to the following four Vision Mātauranga programme research themes:
- Understanding climate change – linkages, pressure points and potential responses
- Exploring adaptation options for Māori communities
- Assistance to Māori businesses to aid decision-making and long-term sustainability
- Products, services and systems derived from mātauranga Māori
The closing date for applications is 27 October.
For more information
For more details about the award including eligibility visit:
For more information about this award and the Vision Mātauranga programme of science please contact:
- Darren-Ngaru KingEmail: [email protected]
Future drought could drain primary sector profit
New research finds a strong relationship between more intense future drought and drops in farm profit.
DSC Submission to the Climate Change Commission (2021)
Our submission to the Climate Change Commission's 2021 Draft Advice for Consultation