Independent Science Panel
The Independent Science Panel has been formed to provide the Board with independent science advice and input into the science strategy and priorities of the Deep South Challenge, as well as help with assessments of science quality and performance.
The panel will also be available to the Science Leadership Team for independent advice and review.
Independent Science Panel members
- Dr. David Wratt – Chair
- Dr. Bruce Mapstone – Board Member
- Dr. Nathan Bindoff - Processes and Observations
- Prof. Bryan Lawrence - Earth System Modeling and Prediction
- Dr. Francis Zwiers - Impacts and Implications
- Prof. Linda Tuhiwai Smith - Vision Mātauranga
- Assoc. Prof. Max Boykoff - Engagement
Latest news and updates
A new report released by the Deep South Challenge this month recommends increasing the availability of plain-language resources about climate change in both English and te reo Māori, framing scientific information for application to practical decision making, and increasing access to climate change conversations for a wider array of end-users.
Expressions of interest are being sought for the role of Science Leadership Team (SLT) member for the Engagement Programme of The Deep South National Science Challenge.
“We need to keep designing opportunities for iwi and hapū to see the potential of what adaptive change can look like.”—Dr Huhana Smith